We watch Food Network a lot at home. From virtually everything Guy Fieri hosts to numerous competition shows like Chopped and Defeat Bobby Flay. One of my biggest gripes with some of these shows is how seriously some of the people on them take cooking. I understand it’s an art form for many of them, and I admit that some dishes are almost too good to eat, but they can be a bit too crazy for my taste. Plus, I know some of these dishes would cost more than what it would cost me to feed my entire family of four at a decent restaurant. The odds of you catching me at an upscale, fancy restaurant where I drop $150 on a plate of food that looks like a painting are pretty slim. All I want is something that tastes good from a restaurant that doesn’t take itself too seriously. After seeing the brunch menu at T. Lawson’s Grill in Grand Rivers, Kentucky, this looks like the kind place that fits that bill.
Located on Lake Kentucky, just outside Land Between the Lakes State Park, T. Lawson’s is only open Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays and offers a wide range of lunch and dinner options, ranging from steak, chicken and seafood sandwiches. But it’s the “Sunday Funday Brunch” menu that will not only make you smile with the different options they offer, but also the descriptions of those options.
Here are some examples:
T. Lawson’s Grill in Grand Rivers, Ky. Hilarious Menu Descriptions
Steak and Eggs with a Bloody Mary
- What they call it: “Moo and Cluck Plate”
- Funny description: “You’ll be A-Moooo-sed at this EGGcellent meal.”
10oz. Rib eye steak marinated in Bloody Mary mix and cooked to order, served with 2 eggs, breakfast potatoes, cookie and Patti’s Strawberry Butter.
Chicken and Waffle
- What they call it: “Cluckin’ Waffle”
- Funny description: “Why did the chicken cross the road? He didn’t cross the road, we fried him and served him with waffles. »
Three fried chicken strips served on a hot waffle, garnished with fresh blueberries and strawberries and accompanied by maple syrup.
- What they call it:“Eggolicious Omelet”
- Funny description: “To fry aloud, try our omelet today.”
Loaded with sausage, bacon, cheese, white onions, tomatoes, served with tomato slices, a cookie and Patti’s Strawberry Butter.
- What they call it: Frozen and confused burger
- Funny description: “Before ordering, look around, is your cardiologist in the room? »
Luther Vandross invented it and we serve it, a mouth-watering butter-glazed donut double cheeseburger that’s no joke. 2 smash patties, 4 slices of bacon, cheddar cheese and sautéed onions. Served with breakfast potatoes.
- What they call it: “They see me rolling, they hate the cinnamon roll”
- Funny description: “Big ones are harder to kidnap!”
Giant, ooey, gooey, masterpieces! A sweet treat made in our bakery with brown sugar, cinnamon, butter, pecans, and topped with homemade cream cheese frosting.
Check out the rest of the menu at their website.