Guests traveling aboard Princess Cruises during the 2022 holiday season will enjoy a new vacation dining experience with gourmet dining options and traditional staples.
Chef Rudi Sodamin and the Princess Culinary Arts team have unveiled the Princess Cruise Holiday Menu Culinary Collection, a new addition available in the Main Dining Rooms throughout the winter holidays. Passengers traveling on the Princess can enjoy a Thanksgiving meal featuring five entrees, Hanukkah and meaningful Christmas dishes from traditions around the world, as well as a New Year’s Eve gala menu.
“Growing up in a large family, holiday meals have always been hugely important to me and a source of excitement and anticipation. ‘Waldorf-Astoria Hotel in New York City that I discovered the American Thanksgiving tradition where food is the undisputed star of the show,” Sodamin said. “The imaginative and innovative new Thanksgiving menu honors cherished holiday traditions while introducing fresh and exciting options that we hope will become new favourites. Collaborating with our talented team of culinary artists on this menu has been meaningful and memorable. This year will be a completely stress-free holiday as we will do all the shopping , cooking and cleaning too!”
- Guests sailing Princess during Thanksgiving will observe the Thanksgiving holiday on November 24, regardless of where they are in their itinerary.
- Travelers will enjoy an onboard Thanksgiving celebration with an elaborate party to celebrate.
Thanksgiving Day menu options:
Appetizer and salad options:
- Child Winter Citrus Supreme: blood orange, pink grapefruit, satsuma mandarin with a zest of lime.
- Seafood martini: poached shrimp, calamari, scallops and lemon basil vinaigrette.
- Plate of duck and pistachios: fall lettuce with a roasted cherry vinaigrette.
- Roasted Pumpkin Soup: toasted almond oil and garnished with pumpkin seeds.
- Cold carrot and dill soup: topped with cranberry coulis
- Fall Mesclun Salad: Sliced apple, crumbled feta, candied walnuts and maple champagne vinaigrette.
- Potato Gnocchi: Prepared with roasted butternut squash, caramelized shallots, sage leaves and topped with parmesan cheese.
- Grilled giant prawns and pan-fried giant scallops: served with a timbale of jasmine rice, snow peas, red peppers and a white butter sauce with tomatoes and capers.
- Traditional Thanksgiving Turkey: Tender slices of breast, caramelized sweet potato, apple sage vinaigrette, steamed broccoli, roasted Brussels sprouts, giblet sauce, and whole cranberry sauce.
- Pineapple glazed ham seasoned with cloves: Pineapple-bourbon sauce, mashed yams, broccoli and carrots.
- Millefeuille of grilled vegetables: Puff pastry, arugula, red pepper sauce, balsamic reduction, basil infused oil
Desserts to complete the Thanksgiving feast:
- Traditional pumpkin pie with whipped cream
- Cinnamon apple pie a la mode
- Bourbon Pecan Pie à la mode
- Napoleon strawberry mascarpone cream without sugar
RELATED: PRINCESS CRUISES ANNOUNCES NEW SPHERE CLASS SHIP SUN PRINCESS
“The entire Food & Beverage staff sees this new Thanksgiving menu as an opportunity to go the extra mile to impress our guests,” said Sami Kohen, vice president of Princess’ Food and Beverage. “Princess has always done a great job taking the stress out of the holidays and making every holiday special for our guests, and with this new Thanksgiving menu, we’ve taken the experience to a whole new level.”
Will you be traveling on Princess Cruises this holiday season?